Monday, January 26, 2009

National Service: The First Day

to be honest, there's so much to write. i cant make up my mind where to start. so i've decided to start with the first day simply because it is the FIRST.

the first day arriving at the camp at about 5pm or so, i was kinda tired and we had to walk for what seems like a thousand miles. we were brought to the bilik kuliah 1 (PK1 to register and PK2 to check our belongings) the registration was fine, and the 1st person to register in my mind was Cg Nagadevi. why? coz she said terima kasih wirawati! she had loud voice and was the only one bother to have some manners. lol! that was what i think back then.

moving on to PK2 to check our belongings, my hair dryer was confisticated! how dare you!!! not that i care, just that i was like die la, no hair dryer, sure headache! anyway, the jurulatih(JL) were nice enough to make me feel comfortable. they even joke around, though i cant remember what was their joke. in fact, at that point of time, i didnt even know they were the JLs!

after that i was like a lost sheep, looking for my dorm, i had no idea where on earth is it, so i just walk until one of the JL shouted from behind
JL :wirawati! dorm mana?
Me : dorm F.
JL : tau tak dorm kamu di mana?
Me : tak.
JL : ok ikut saya. pergi makan dulu di dewan makan baru pergi dorm
well, at least i was heading the right direction! so i just dumped my luggage with the other luggage, get my metal plate -the kind that they use in the prison- and headed for the food. while taking the food, i asked for cutleries, and i was told to eat with my hand. i thought they were joking! seriously!! for the next few days we had to eat with our hand because the camp operator didnt provide us with cutlery. however, for the past one month i havent use the cutlery for more than 10 times, coz i'm too lazy to walk back to my dorm to take the cutleries. since we've been 'trained' to eat with our hand for the first few days, we just go on doing that. until the JL ask us (my chinese friends and i) why are we using our hands.

ethel and i were looking for a place to sit when suddenly one of the JL shouted (well, called with a loud voice) at us. well, i THINK it was US la. so we went and sat next to the JL and at the opposite direction, there was a ROW of chinese girls, all smiling, i cant help it but laughed! cause i thought they were doing some kind of toothpaste advertisement. Then, my chinese pop out of my mouth and it sounded horrible coz i havent been speaking in chinese for a long time. hehe *innocent* so we sat down, eat and chingchong. the JL was very friendly, and her name is Cg Ziela (we call the JLs 'cikgu').

however, at the same time, i was like god, this food is... omg, how am i to eat this kind of food for the next 3 months? im gonna loose weight la if like this. seriously, the food on the 1st day was intolerable, but like it or not, you just have to push it down your throat. it's called survival.

after dinner, i went to the dorm. the chinese girls were nice enough to help me with my luggage :) my dorm is on the hill, so there's staircase. then i had my shower, scary also la 1st day showering at a new and weird environment. after that we went from dorm to dorm, because cg ziela made a deal with us. she say she will denda us if we dont visit all the other dorms. cheahh!!
my dormates were nice, but it took me like 5 days to remember all of their names. huhu.

then i dont remember what happened for the rest of the night..

No comments:

Post a Comment