Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tiny kindness and blessing :)

Something simple happened to me today. Tiny bits of kindness can put a smile on us and makes us happy.

When I came back from class today, I saw 2 young girls sitting by the stairs of my dormitory. I look their way and one of them threw me a smile, so I smiled back and continued walking. These girls are some of the many girls that maintain and clean the surrounding and washroom of our dorms. Some people might not one to be associated to them at all, what more talk to them. I myself most of the time treat them as  some kind of invisible being, perhaps due to prejudice. 

Something on the bulletin board attracted my curious attention, so I stopped by and read. Suddenly, one of the girls stood up, walked to me and said: “kak, ada nak tanya, boleh?” So I replied: “ya, apa tu?” “skarang jam brapa?” My hands were fully occupied with food and drinks I just bought from the cafeteria, so I asked her to lend me a hand while I search for my phone to check the time. Apparently their phone ran out of battery. She thanked me. Her friend thanked me too. “terima kasih ya kak.. semoga berjaya.. amin…” I returned their thanks and can’t help but smile. 

By just answering their simple request, I had their blessings. It might not seem to be a big deal, but I realized although it’s not easy to get random blessings from strangers, it is not impossible. By just giving a little kindness, we have a smile and blessing in return.  Smile for being kind, and smile for being blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment